Component Cleanliness in the Automotive Industry
Assuring Component Cleanliness is Best to Avoid System Failures
As fluid systems become more sophisticated and less tolerant to dirt, the controlling and measuring of component cleanliness has become a vital part of the manufacturing process. Every manufactured part potentially carries “built-in” contamination to the system.
In order to improve the life and reliability of fluid components used in the automotive, hydraulics and aerospace industries, the system and component cleanliness assembly need to be addressed. The measurement of components and parts cleanliness is related to contaminant collection, analysis and data reporting with ISO standards (International Organization for Standardization) continually being developed to control procedures.
Pall’s Component Cleanliness Management (CCM) solutions provide products and services for accurate, reliable, and repeatable component and fluid cleanliness measurement. The CCM program includes the supplies of cleanliness cabinets, cleanliness evaluations, specification development, and customized training, all undertaken in cooperation with our customers to optimize in-plant processes.
Explore Our Automotive Component Cleanliness Solutions
Pall Cleanliness Cabinets (PCC) are self-contained units providing accurate, reliable and repeatable procedures to extract particulate contamination from component surfaces for subsequent analysis. The PCC enables operators to assess the cleanliness levels of manufactured parts and components in accordance to ISO 18413, ISO 16232 and VDA 19 procedures.
Contact our team of filtration experts for more information on improving the efficiency of the your processes.
Why Choose Pall Cleanliness Cabinets (PCC)?
Hitting the mark with cost and labor efficiency
Without standard, repeatable cleanliness validation, manufacturers and suppliers cannot meet industrial ISO cleanliness standards.
Pall Cleanliness Cabinets (PCC) Provides:
- More of an automated and repeatable process for checking parts cleanliness
- Up to 50% faster performance – rapid to blank value that starts test sampling in less time
- Decrease in human errors
- Less rework involved – quick with noticing a quality issue
2. Pall is the only company to offer Cleanliness Cabinets with a fully integrated HEPA filtered laminar air flow. This important feature simulates a clean room test environment and eliminates environmental cross contamination
- Trust the results – No risk from environmental cross contamination
- Employees are not exposed to harsh chemical or pressurized systems
3. Comfortable access to working area without the need for a protective barrier
- Reduced risk of operator contamination
- Ease of handling small automotive manufacturing components.
Our Pall Cleanliness Cabinets accommodate for a variety of component sizes
1. Pall Cleanliness Cabinets Extra Small (PCCXS):
PCCXS is the best solution for very small components (i.e. bearings, piston rings, micro-mechanics, bolts, etc.)
2. Pall Cleanliness Cabinets Small (PCCS):
PCCS is the ideal solution for small components (i.e. Common rails, plastic hoses, injectors, gear box components, etc.).
3. Pall Cleanliness Cabinets Medium (PCCM):
PCCM is the perfect choice for medium size components (i.e. small rods, crankshafts, camshafts, actuators, etc.).
4. Pall Cleanliness Cabinets Large (PCCL):
PCCL is the preferred choice for larger sized components (i.e. engine blocks, steering gear, etc.).
All Pall Cleanliness Cabinet variants feature an easy to use, color touch screen user interface.
See the full range of Component Cleanliness Cabinets here:
- PCCXS -- Extra small sized Cleanliness Cabinet
- PCCS -- Small sized Cleanliness Cabinet
- PCCM -- Medium sized Cleanliness Cabinet
- PCCL -- Large sized Cleanliness Cabinet
- PCC-FR -- Flushing Rig
- PCC-41KC -- Medium sized PCC - Asia supply only
Component Cleanliness Management (CCM)
Pall’s Component Cleanliness Management (CCM) program provides products and services for accurate, reliable, and repeatable component and fluid cleanliness measurement.
The CCM program includes the supply of cleanliness cabinets, cleanliness evaluations, specification development, and customized training, all undertaken in cooperation with our customers to optimize in-plant processes.
For more information about Pall’s Component Cleanliness Management program, please contact us.
Quality, productivity, and cost reduction are the three keys to success for most automotive companies.
How can we help?
If you are looking for innovative filtration solutions, you’ve come to the right place. Our knowledgeable subject matter experts are here for you. Contact us for more information. Thank you and we look forward to assisting you shortly.